- This event has passed.
Sexual Education class with Planned Parenthood
September 27 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:00 pm on Tuesday and Thursday, repeating until October 6, 2022
There is a need to teach people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/ DD) comprehensive sexual education. The Arc Arapahoe & Douglas Counties will be partnering with Planned Parenthood for a 4-Week “Sex Positive” virtual education class for people with I/DD. These classes will promote sexually healthy, educated young men and women with I/DD being safer, more informed, and more vocal about their rights and their bodies. Space is limited (10 participants max). RSVP by Sept 10th, 2022.
All classes will be held online (Zoom)
This class is meant for Ages 16+
4 Week Class (Tuesday/Thursday) , Sept 13th – Oct 6th, 2022 | 5- 6:30 PM
Note, please register for the first class, which will register you for all the classes.
- DIFFERENT TYPES OF RELATIONSHIPS – Participants will learn who they are and how to talk about “ME”. They will also learn about different relationships, feelings, and touches.
- MOVING FROM FRIEND TO MORE… – Participants will learn what it feels like to be attracted to someone, appropriate ways to show interest in someone, and practice ways to communicate those feelings with others.
- PUBLIC VS. PRIVATE – We will define and explore public vs. private and reinforce public vs. private body parts, places, behaviors, and conversations.
- ANATOMY – Participants will learn about sexual and reproductive body parts and their functions. Participants will learn sexual health and how to keep sexual parts healthy.
- UNDERSTANDING AND RESPECTING CONSENT – Consent will be defined, and participants will learn how it relates to boundaries for self and others. Participants will also practice saying and hearing “NO.”
For more information on content, please contact Luke at (303) 220-9228.
The 1st class is a Parent discussion. All other classes are for the individual only, unless a caregiver is needed.
Questions? Email [email protected]