Parent Support Organizations
- El Grupo Vida – es un grupo de padres Hispanos/Latinos formado para dar apoyo mutuo a las personas con discapacidades o necesidades especiales, sus padres, familia, y tutelas.
- EMPOWER – offers support, resources, education and advocacy for families of children who have social/emotional, mental or behavioral challenges.
- Families First – FF’s mission is to prevent abuse and neglect of children by providing education, family support, and treatment.
- Family Voices – provides parents with the information they need to navigate complex health care systems in order to get things like wheelchairs, oxygen, or surgery for their children.
- Parent to Parent – connects families of sons and daughters with disabilities or special healthcare needs to emotional and informational supports.
- Peak Parent Center – nonprofit that works to ensure all people with disabilities are fully included in their neighborhood schools, communities, employment, and all walks of life.
- Thrive Center – Thrive’s mission is to inform and empower all families (particularly low-income) culturally and linguistically diverse families as advocates for their children with disabilities to achieve meaningful participation in their schools and communities.
<< Back to list page – Email this Page