- This event has passed.
Hot Wheels Derby
September 17 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Start your engines and race your cars on our derby track to see who is the fastest. Bring a car of your own or use one of ours.
Whether you only race a few times, or make it all the way to the winner’s circle, it’s a thrill! The six lane racecourse will be a downhill race through curves, loops or jumps before the electronic finish line. There will be other courses to play on, as well as the opportunity to create your own track.
The Derby itself is a competition involving toy cars and gravity. Once your car is chosen, only your car’s speed will determine how far you get.
- All 1:64 scale Hot Wheels Mainline cars, Matchbox Cars, Johnny Lightning, ets. are eligible
- No modification – Maximum weight is 3 ounces
- You may only use one car in the Derby.
- It is your responsibility to put your car in the Starting Gate and retrieve it following each race. No one else may touch your car without your permission.
Each race must be “clean.” A race will be disqualified, and restarted IF:
- Any car leaves the track for any reason.
- Not all cars leave the starting gate at the same time.
- Any other reason that judges decide the race was unfair.
- Each driver and car will be assigned a numbered, identification sticker.
- Each Participant will be able to stand in the finish line area when his or her vehicle is racing
- Cars will be randomly grouped in sixes to race each other.
- Rounds will continue until the three fastest cars are determined.
Registration is required