- This event has passed.
The Arc ADventures in Learning: Stranger Safety
August 22, 2020 @ 12:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Learn about the different types of relationships and Stranger Safety Tips. In this class you will learn the common ways we connect with strangers and new people. We will talk about boundaries and setting limits. We touch on recognizing exploitation and identifying personal trusted supports & safe community resources. Come learn with us.
- Friends (Friendship Continuum)
- Community Helpers (Tips to verify identity)
- Other (Family, Boyfriend/Girlfriend)
- Personal Space
- Saying “No”
- Maintaining Privacy of Personal & Confidential Information
- Tips for Public & Group Conversation Topics (“Small Talk”)
- Intuition-That “Uh Oh” Feeling When Something Doesn’t Feel Right
- Identifying Appropriate vs Inappropriate Requests from Strangers
- Responding to Solicitors and Annoying Strangers
- Seeking Help or Support-Common Fears
REGISTER IN ADVANCE FOR THIS CLASS(REQUIRED) LINK:
AFTER REGISTERING, YOU WILL RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION EMAIL CONTAINING INFORMATION ABOUT JOINING THE CLASS.
RSVP required by Aug 19, 2020